Here is a collection of frequently asked questions by guests visiting Tiger Muay Thai and MMA training camp in Phuket, Thailand.
If you find any of your questions are not answered here on the FAQ page, please feel free to contact us at [email protected] and well be happy to answer your questions as best we can.
Click each questions to expand answers.
First of all, Tiger Muay Thai & MMA Training Camp welcomes all fitness and skill level in all classes that we offer.
We offer different packages depending on your length of stay and classes you want to take. We have certified fitness instructors that can help you personalize your Tiger Schedule.
Guest come here from all over the world with different fitness goals. We have fighters who come here to improve technique and to prepare for upcoming fights, martial arts schools, vacationers, fitness fans, adventure junkies and military personnel.
We have an all-inclusive training package which means you can do all the classes that TMT has to offer.
We offer different training packages depending on your needs and goals. Kindly see our Prices page for more information.
Yes we do have an all-inclusive package based on your duration of stay.
We do not ask for booking deposits however payments for training, meal plan and TMT accommodations can be made in advance by PayPal for a discount. We also accept Thai Baht, Visa and MasterCard in our office. It is best to make your reservations as soon as possible.
Many of our rooms and bungalows are booked months in advance, so to ensure you get the one you want, please contact us before you arrive.
To our students who wish to stay for at least 3 months in Thailand, there is a 3 month tourist visa that you can apply for before leaving your country. Visa extensions can be done in Thailand but it differs for each nationality. Changes to Visa Rules can happen at any time. It is important for guests to be aware of visa regulation updates.
Most of our students prefer to take an organized bus trip to Penang, Malaysia, which includes all transportation, meals and a hotel room for 1 night. The trip takes two days. In Penang you can apply for a 2 month tourist visa, and after your 2 months you can extend for an additional 30 days at Phuket Immigration (15 minutes from the camp). The extension is 1900 Baht and allows you to stay in Thailand for a total of 3 months.
The same visa can be applied for in other areas of Malaysia such as Kuala Lumpur and Kota Bharu.
Our tour desk staff can give you information regarding visa run and make travel suggestions.
Please consult your Local Thai Embassy prior for updated visa procedures!
*** The penalty of overstay in Thailand past your exit date is 500 Baht per day
*** Please remember to bring your passport, all identification, and paperwork when you make a VISA run
*** If you have already arrived at the camp and are trying to figure out your current situation, please visit the front office with your passport and paperwork to ask for help.
TMT’s is located in Soi ( Soi is Street in Thai Language) Tad-Ied Chalong and it is a bustling 1.5 KM stretch of resorts, spas, restaurant, launderettes and convenience stores. All of the resorts in the street offer the basic accommodation needs; Hot Shower, Internet etc.
Sure you can! We sell Drop-In passes that allows you to train in any of the classes we offer 1 time, these costs 500 THB per class or 4,500 THB for a 10-pack and can only be bought on site.
Boot camp training is challenging aerobic training suitable for all participants. When we perform aerobic exercise we burn fat. We also increase our respiration and enhance lunge capacity. Please see reference Schedule page and look for the ff classes: Yoga, BodyFit and Cross-training.
The Beginner’s Muay Thai class is also a good class to take for those who want just want to lose weight and also try out Muay Thai. The Beginner’s Muay Thai class involves a lot of Cardio and Strength Conditioning.
For more information about training for weight-loss at Tiger and our Bootcamp style classes check out or Training for Weight-loss page.
Tiger Muay Thai & MMA Training Camp have certified nutritionist and fitness instructors that can help you with your fitness goals, meal plans and training schedule. There is a consultation fee of 1,000-1,200 Baht per hour session with our instructors.
There are discounts available for bundled packages online. The discounts vary.
Sure you can. If you would like to book 2 or 3 weeks you just add the “1 week” option 2 or 3 times to your booking. Same goes if you would like to book for 2 months.
Kata and Karon Beach are around 13 KM or 15 minutes drive away from the camp while Patong is 30 KM away and 30 minutes drive. There are public transportation available to reach these beaches but the public transportation service ends at 5:00 PM.
The laundry shop is located opposite our camp and the standard rate is 40-50 Baht a Kilo.
You can contact [email protected] to book for Taxi and our pick up service cost from 850 Baht depending on how many people. We just need your Flight Details: Airline, Flight No. Time of Arrival in Phuket.
The Airport Limousine also knows where our camp is. Just let them know you want to be dropped off at Tiger Muay Thai Chalong Soi Tad Ied and they should not charge you more than 1,000 Baht.
The Muay Thai training at our training camp is versatile and it suit everyone from beginners and amateurs to professional fighters looking to learn Muay Thai for fun, fitness, or self defense; to professionals wanting to hone their fighting skills.
The Muay Thai class is the only class divided by levels and located at different rings.
Beginners Muay Thai
Has the largest total training area in TMT because of the huge demand. Our beginner class is run by Khru Dang. We work hard to keep no more than a 4-1(guest-trainer) ratio in all of our classes to ensure you receive the highest level of trainer observation and training.
Is suitable for everyone no matter experience, age or gender.
The beginner area is a great place to meet new people and to make friends. You’ll be paired up with various partners during the class and get a chance to meet people from all around the world. Everyone is welcome in our beginner class regardless of their experience.
Intermediate Muay Thai Ring
This area is one our guests aspire to move into as their training progresses.
One of the great things about TMT is that our trainers will monitor your skill development and help you decide if the time is right to move to the next training level.
Muay Thai is an excellent way to get into great shape, improve your coordination, build endurance and learn valuable skills.
Advanced Muay Thai Ring
Guest training in the Advance Ring have been with us for more than 2 months or may have had Professional or a Number of Amateur Fights before arriving at Tiger Muay Thai.
The Muay Thai Class consists of the following:
- Running: Muay Thai fighters run. Running builds stamina, endurance & cardio conditioning to prepare for a 5 round Muay Thai fight. Running program is not mandatory, (apart from those preparing for a fight) but strongly suggested.
- Warm Up: Running on mats, skipping, calisthenics followed by stretching. Warming up is important to prepare the body for peak performance and to minimize risk of injury.
- Shadow Boxing: Shadowboxing helps develop neuromuscular familiarity in executing different physical movements in fighting sports. loosen up the muscles and joints. It prepares not just the muscles but also the nervous system. It improves footwork, coordination and muscle stabilization, technique visualization, cardio and conditioning.
- Technique Class: 20 minutes of instruction and correction on various techniques and combinations by the trainers.
- Boxing Sparring: Controlled sparring with 16-18oz gloves and optional head guard, focusing purely on boxing.
- Muay Thai Sparring: Controlled Sparring with 16-18oz gloves, shin pads ad optional head guard, working on offense and defense using punches, kicks, clinching and knees.
- Pad work: At least 3 rounds of hitting pads with the Muay Thai trainers, working on developing correct technique, speed, power and stamina.
- Bag work: At least 3 rounds of working techniques on a variety of different bags.
- Clinching: 20+ minutes of clinching with a training partner, working on gaining positions of control throws and light knees ( using the inside of the thigh to strike with to prevent injuries during training)
- Conditioning: Drills on the bag, pull ups, push ups, sit ups
- Cooldown: Calisthenics and stretching to improve flexibility and help the body recover from the hard training.
At Tiger Muay Thai and MMA training camp we train 2 X per day in Muay Thai and Mixed Martial Arts / BJJ. To be prepared to train at Tiger Muay Thai and MMA you will need a minimum amount of equipment to train effectively and cleanly:
Each guest should have:
- 2+ pair of hand-wraps. You use hand-wraps at each training sessions and will need a clean and dry pair for each training session. Setting your hand-wraps out in the sun to dry without cleaning with a water/bleach solution or anti-bacterial solution is a perfect breeding ground fo bacteria and mold.
- 1 pair of your own 16oz gloves. (16 oz gloves are needed for sparring sessions in Muay Thai and MMA) We have rented equipment available at gym that is disinfected each day @ 100 baht. TMT we do not allow shared equipment as recent articles in the sports industry have discouraged the use of shared equipment to prevent the spread of bacterial infections like staph and ringworm. It is also recommended you thoroughly clean your gloves inside and out with bleach/water or “Dettol” anti-bacterial solution after each session.
- 2+ pair of Muay Thai shorts or MMA shorts for training. Many guests use several pair and use Muay Thai shorts for MMA training. After each training session, you should hand-wash your shorts in anti-bacterial solution (available at equipment shop in office and local stores). Setting dirty shorts out to dry in sun without washing in an anti-bacterial solution is perfect setting for growth of bacteria which can spread to ther guests. Please have respect for people you are training with. Please wash your shorts or have enough extra pair to launder and have returned so you have fresh pair of shorts for every training session.
- 1 pair shin guards (optional) but recommended for sparring. It is recommended you thoroughly clean your shin guards after each training session.
- 1 mouth-guard (recommended) especially if you intend on joining sparring sessions.
- 1 groin guard (recommended) especially if you intend on joining sparring sessions
- Several T-shirts, vests, rash-guards. Training in tropical environment leaves you quite sweaty and wearing a t-shirt, vest, or rash guard prevents skin-to-skin contact with other guests and therefore helps prevent spread of bacteria like staph and ringworm from other guests.
- Personal Towel or rented towel available at office.
- Running Shoes
- Water: Keeping hydrated is important during training. Water is readily available from bottled water at Tiger Grill and Protein Bar to 10 liter bottles available to refill freeze and bring to training. Please refrain from drinking from shared water containers and bottles as Doctors suggest this is an easy way to spread bacteria.
- TMT equipment shop offers anti-bacterial soap and “Dettol” anti-bacterial concentrate for sale that you can soak your hand-wraps, shorts, clothing in to sanitize and send to laundry. A mixture of 10:1 water / bleach is sufficient to sanitize gear and clothing as well.
- Supplements like Protein powder, BCAA, Glutamine, Multi-vitamins, Gorrila Juice, and Oat Muscle are available in equipment shop and individual fruit and protein shakes along with supplement and Amino drinks are available at Tiger Grill and Protein Bar.
Tiger Muay Thai provides head-guards for use in sparring. Head guards will be cleaned after each use in a training session. Guests are welcome to bring their own equipment or even rent used clean equipment from the equipment shop in office.
Non-Training Equipment to enjy your stay:
- Camera / Video
- Lap-top Computer
- MP3 Player / Ipod
- Good Books / Magazines
- Light Clothes / sandals
- Driver’s License (if you intend on renting scooter)
We follow a 6-day Training Schedule consisting of the Martial Arts classes and Fitness classes. The All-Inclusive Package allows you to attend any of the classes offered. It is really up to you how you manage your own schedule. You are free to customize your training schedule.
Our certified fitness instructors and Training Coaches can also help you with the training schedule.
Yes we do. We have the fundamental gear that you need for training. We also carry our own brand.
Prices for TMT Brand: Gloves: 1600 Baht, Shinguard: 1500 Baht. Handwraps 400 Baht, Muay Thai/ MMA Shorts 850/1000 Baht, Mouthguard: 300 Baht.
We also carry other popular brands like Fairtex, Top King equipment which cost a little bit more than our TMT Brand.
Yes we do, We carry Supplements Muscle Pharma and prices vary from 900 to 4000 baht.
Absolutely. Paying upfront for 3 months training will get you a discount. If you are training for more than 6 months and will be paying upfront, after those 6 months you are eligible for 50% off group training fees. Please contact [email protected] for more details.
TMT’s weight- loss training is varied aerobic threshold training with a focus on different muscle groups with body weight, weighted, and additional tools such as tires, sledge hammers etc.
Our Cross-training program is CrossFit based. It is a strength and conditioning class with the goal of increasing your ab/core strength, flexibility, speed, explosiveness and endurance, weight loss, training for a fight and just overall fitness.
Workouts are typically short : 30 minutes or less and intense, demanding all-out physical effort. It delivers fitness beneficial combat, survival and many other sports.
Prices for private sessions are available upon arrival. Muay Thai privates are priced at a standard price of 700 Baht per hour. Booking in advance for MMA & Muay Thai Privates are advised.