It’s tough getting up in the morning without the help of Caffeine. Even more so when we have ran through the day and running out of energy. But what are the health benefits and effects it creates?
When using a stimulant such as this, which is unregulated and legal in just about every corner of the world, it is good to know what the effects are both positive and negative. As well as keep within moderation so that it does not become a chemical dependency, which lets face it we are talking about a psychoactive drug even though it ranks less than most in the same category in terms of negative effect.
Caffeine has a number of sources and can be consumed in a variety of ways. It is a naturally occurring alkaloid found in many types of plants from coca beans, tea leaves, guarana berries, and more. Some 60 different species of plants worldwide
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS
A lot of the desired effects range from
- Lower risk of cardiovascular disease
- Lower risk of diabetes
- Increased Metabolic rate
- Increase attention and alertness
- Decrease in fatigue
- Lower risk of some cancer
- Protective effect neurologically
WHAT ARE THE NEGATIVE EFFECTS
The effects to watch out for are often related to over-consumption such as
- Increase vasoconstriction and blood pressure
- Reduced control of fine motor movements
- stimulation of urination
If you tend to consume a lot of this stimulant you can actually experience the effects of overdose such as nervousness, restlessness, insomnia, palpitations, headaches, and irritability. At some point in time i am sure we have all read of the unfortunate news where someone overdosed on this substance.
One thing to consider when choices a source for a Caffeine buzz is how overall it will impact your health. Its is better to consume it from coffee or tea then from soda.
- Its Addictive – by definition people are addicted in the same way they might be addicted to television. Sure a withdrawal might occur, but not in the traditional sense of addiction.
- Increases risk of heart disease – Studies have shown that the raise in blood pressure is is similar to that caused by normal activity like walking
- Causes cancer – studies of over 20,000 subjects conducted have found no relation between the two in regard to sources such as coffee or tea. Sorry soda drinker, this may not be the case there too.
- Risk factor for osteoporosis – The loss seen in calcium through urine is so minimal it can easily be compensated through food source
- No positive effects – just look at the above benefits
I hope you found this article on Caffeine Effects on our Health helpful.
Subscriber to our news feed for more informative articles such as these to help you get in the best shape of your life. And come visit us at Tiger Muay Thai one of Asia’s premiere weight-loss destinations. Our dedicated team of fitness professionals will support and lead you and can help blast away that unwanted fat and get you in the best shape of your life.