We take running a clean and healthy gym at Tiger Muay Thai and MMA training camp seriously. Our cleaning crew and staff clean the entire gym including equipment, rings, canvas, cage, mats,bathrooms, etc with bleach and water solution and anti-bacterial solution (Dettol) 2 x every day before and after training. Besides leaving the gym smelling nice, it is important to protect guests from naturally occurring bacteria, fungus, molds that can grow in the moist tropical environment of Phuket, Thailand.
Tiger Muay Thai and MMA Training camp is proud to be considered one of the cleanest gyms in Thailand and want to provide our guests with a safe and clean gym to train
Like every other gym around the world, Tiger Muay Thai and our guests need to be on guard against bacterial infections that can be passed from one guest to another like staph, ringworm, impetigo, and athlete’s feet.
While Tiger Muay Thai and MMA does our best to keep a clean gym for you, provide anti-bacterial solutions near rings and mats, guests must be aware and use proper hygiene suggested by doctors to prevent catching a bacterial infection. here are some simple precautions guests should take to help prevent a possible infection. 99% of the time, you will be fine training in a clean gym like TMT, but all guests should use the proper precautions below:
- Do not use shared equipment. TMT offers sparring in Muay Thai and MMA, but we will no longer provide sparring gloves and shin pads. Each guest must provide their own personal pair of 16oz gloves, hand wraps, and shin pads and clean daily with a bleach and water solution and / or anti-bacterial solution which is available in equipment shop.
- Do not share towels, water glasses or other items.
- Wash or soak your used shorts, shirts, hand wraps after training and wipe down your equipment completely. You may be clean, but the person you are training with may not be. Protect yourself.
- Take a hot water shower immediately after training using anti-bacterial soap. If using a shared shower facility please wear sandals.
- Take precaution when using sauna, steam room, whirlpools as these are perfect breeding grounds for bacteria and molds. Molds can cause respiratory infections and breathing problems.
- Doctors have found that unclean restaurants and food poisoning can also be a cause of staph infections so be careful where you choose to eat.
- Eat proper vitamins and supplements keeping your immune system running at 100%
- Keep all open wounds covered and bandaged while training. Respect other guests and help prevent the spread of any infection.
- Wash your hands often TMT provides anti-bacterial soap in all of our bathrooms.
- Refuse to train with someone you suspect may have symptoms of a rash or infection and notify our head trainer.
Tiger Muay Thai and MMA will ask any guest that is howing symptoms of an infectious bacteria or skin rash to not train and to seek immediate medical attention at local hospital for diagnosis and prescription of oral anti-biotics and antibiotic cremes which can usually cure an infection within a week.
Tiger Muay Thai reserves the right to ask a person to leave the camp if they try and hide an infection that could be spread to other guests or refuse training to a guest that arrives with an infection after training at another gym.
At Tiger Muay Thai and MMA training camp we will do our part and give you a clean gym to train, but guests must take personal responsibility for personal hygiene and using clean equipment and clothing at every training session. We ask you be respectful for the people you are training with and our staff of trainers.
Below are a list of links for people to be aware of the symptoms, causes, and precautions that need to be taken when training in a sports environment and help prevent the spread of bacterial infections.
Taking proper precaution will prevent you from any infections which are rare, but still present and can be dangerous. Proper knowledge and information and hygiene is the best way to protect yourself.