So many people suffer from high blood pressure symptoms but are presented with healthy alternatives to drive them away. Lets take a look at why we should consider these alternatives and what might offer a better solution.
HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE SYMPTOMS
High blood pressure by definition is relatively simple. It is when the the blood pressure in the arteries is elevated as defined in two measurements.
- Systolic – The contraction of the heart muscles
- Diastolic – The relaxation between the beats
This will result in the maximum and minimum blood pressure. When the blood reaches a pressure at or above 140/90 mmHg, this can result in high blood pressure symptoms. When it remains at this level for an extended period of time this can become chronic and is referred to as hypertension.
This excess pressure on the heart can lead to minor health problems such as:
- Blurred vision
- Nausea, vomiting
- Shortness of breath, chest pain
To major problems such as:
- Heart Failure
- Heart attack
- Eye Damage
DANGER OF STATIN DRUGS
In most countries a quarter of the population above the age of 50 is taking some form of cholesterol-lowering drugs called Statin Drugs. These drugs are used to inhibit the enzyme HMG-CoA reducatase which is key to the production of cholesterol in the liver, about 70 percent of total cholesterol in the body. This sounds like a good thing but then you have to consider the dangers of the side effects these cause.Without going into the debate about cholesterol being the cause of high blood pressure symptoms or not, lets look at the cost on our health these drugs create. We will save the debate for another article. These are just a few of the 300 reported side effects:
- Cognitive loss
- Increase cancer risk
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Immune System Suppression
- Pancreatic Dysfunction
- Nerve Damage
- Muscle Degeneration
- C0Q10 Depletion
That last one should be the most concerning. Too often there are those in the medical community who write prescriptions for Statin Drugs but leave out CoQ10 supplements which are used in ever cell in the body especial heart cells. So these Statin drugs can actually end up causing heart failure.
HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE NATURAL TREATMENTS
I leave it to you to make an informed decisions if treating your high blood pressure should include the use of Statin Drugs. With that information here are some natural alternatives which have been proven to reduce high blood pressure symptoms:
- Limit your fruit intake – now there are some fruits that can be a major benefit to your blood pressure such as watermelon. But even though this is a healthy fruit too include you don’t want to have too much fruit in your diet as fructose can cause your blood pressure to go through the roof
- Limit your caffeine – Caffeine can do wonders for you on a cognitive level but when dealing with hypertension you should cut it out entirely as it is a counterproductive to your health efforts.
- Increase your gut health – This includes the consumption of fermented foods and probiotics. Fermented foods are an awesome source of vitamin K2 which is kickass for ridding that aweful plaque that builds up in the arteries.
- Get some sun – vitamin D is directly linked to the parathyroid hormone production in your body which increases your blood pressure. Get some sun and keep it under control. Later we will discuss the link for vitamin D in triglyceride levels.
SUPPLEMENT AND FOODS
- OMEGA 3
- DARK CHOCOLATE
I hope you found this article on High Blood Pressure Symptoms and Treatments helpful.
Subscriber to our news feed for more informative articles such as these to help you get in the best shape of your life. And come visit us at Tiger Muay Thai one of Asia’s premiere weight-loss destinations. Our dedicated team of fitness professionals will support and lead you and can help blast away that unwanted fat and get you in the best shape of your life.