F.A.Q – Frequent Asked Questions about Training, Accommodation and Tiger
Here is a collection of frequently asked questions by guests visiting Tiger Muay Thai and MMA training camp in Phuket, Thailand.
If you find any of your questions are not answered here on the FAQ page, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com and well be happy to answer your questions as best we can.
- Frequent Asked Questions
- How does training work? Can I do MMA and Muay Thai? Is fitness separate? What is the cost of training programs?
- Do you have packages for training, accommodation, meal plan and airport transfer?
- How can I get an extended 3-month + VISA for training?
- What resorts are around TMT and do they have internet, pool, etc
- Can I train just 1 session? How much does it cost?
- What is your Boot Camp training program? Weightloss? Fitness? Schedule?
- Do you have a nutritionist or someone to help plan my training schedule and diet?
- What discounts are offered by booking online?
- How far are beaches, entertainment, Kata, Karon, Patong, etc
- How much should I expect to spend on laundry? Where?
- How do I get from airport to TMT?
- How does your Muay Thai program work?
- What does Muay Thai training consist of?
- Can I get a training certificate or learn to be a Muay Thai trainer?
- What is the training schedule?
- Do you have a gear shop? Prices? What is available?
- Do you sell supplements? Prices? Brands?
- Do you offer group or package discounts?
- Do you offer long term discounts?
- How does the weight-loss training work?
- Prices for private lessons Muay Thai & MMA Instructors?
Q: How does training work? Can I do MMA and Muay Thai? Is fitness separate? What is the cost of training programs?
First of all, Tiger Muay Thai & MMA Training Camp welcomes all fitness and skill level in all classes that we offer.
We offer different packages depending on your length of stay and classes you want to take. We have certified fitness instructors that can help you personalize your Tiger Schedule.
Guest come here from all over the world with different fitness goals. We have fighters who come here to improve technique and to prepare for upcoming fights, martial arts schools, vacationers, fitness fans, adventure junkies and military personnel.
We have an all-inclusive training package which means you can do all the classes that TMT has to offer.
We offer different training packages depending on your needs and goals. Kindly see our Prices page for more information.
Q: Do you have packages for training, accommodation, meal plan and airport transfer?
Yes we do have an all-inclusive package based on your duration of stay.
We do not ask for booking deposits however payments for training, meal plan and TMT accommodations can be made in advance by PayPal for a discount. We also accept Thai Baht, Visa and MasterCard in our office. It is best to make your reservations as soon as possible.
Many of our rooms and bungalows are booked months in advance, so to ensure you get the one you want, please contact us before you arrive.
Q: How can I get an extended 3-month + VISA for training?
To our students who wish to stay for at least 3 months in Thailand, there is a 3 month tourist visa that you can apply for before leaving your country. Visa extensions can be done in Thailand but it differs for each nationality. Changes to Visa Rules can happen at any time. It is important for guests to be aware of visa regulation updates.
Most of our students prefer to take an organized bus trip to Penang, Malaysia, which includes all transportation, meals and a hotel room for 1 night. The trip takes two days. In Penang you can apply for a 2 month tourist visa, and after your 2 months you can extend for an additional 30 days at Phuket Immigration (15 minutes from the camp). The extension is 1900 Baht and allows you to stay in Thailand for a total of 3 months.
The same visa can be applied for in other areas of Malaysia such as Kuala Lumpur and Kota Bharu.
Our tour desk staff can give you information regarding visa run and make travel suggestions.
Please consult your Local Thai Embassy prior for updated visa procedures!
*** The penalty of overstay in Thailand past your exit date is 500 Baht per day ***
*** Please remember to bring your passport, all identification, and paperwork when you make a VISA run ***
***If you have already arrived at the camp and are trying to figure out your current situation, please visit the front office with your passport and paperwork to ask for help. ***
Q: What resorts are around TMT and do they have internet, pool, etc
TMT’s is located in Soi ( Soi is Street in Thai Language) Tad-Ied Chalong and it is a bustling 1.5 KM stretch of resorts, spas, restaurant, launderettes and convenience stores. All of the resorts in the street offer the basic accommodation needs; Hot Shower, Internet etc.
Q: Can I train just 1 session? How much does it cost?
Sure you can! We sell Drop-In passes that allows you to train in any of the classes we offer 1 time, these costs 400 THB and can only be bought on site.
Q: What is your Boot Camp training program? Weightloss? Fitness? Schedule?
Boot camp training is challenging aerobic training suitable for all participants. When we perform aerobic exercise we burn fat. We also increase our respiration and enhance lunge capacity. Please see reference Schedule page and look for the ff classes: Yoga, BodyFit and Cross-training.
The Beginner’s Muay Thai class is also a good class to take for those who want just want to lose weight and also try out Muay Thai. The Beginner’s Muay Thai class involves a lot of Cardio and Strength Conditioning.
For more information about training for weight-loss at Tiger and our Boot Camp style classes visit www.weightlossthailand.com
Q: Do you have a nutritionist or someone to help plan my training schedule and diet?
Tiger Muay Thai & MMA Training Camp have certified nutritionist and fitness instructors that can help you with your fitness goals, meal plans and training schedule. There is a consultation fee of 1,000-1,200 Baht per hour session with our instructors.
Q: What discounts are offered by booking online?
There are discounts available for bundled packages online. The discounts vary. Please reference online payment page.
Q: How far are beaches, entertainment, Kata, Karon, Patong, etc
Kata and Karon Beach are around 13 KM or 15 minutes drive away from the camp while Patong is 30 KM away and 30 minutes drive. There are public transportation available to reach these beaches but the public transportation service ends at 5:00 PM.
Q: How much should I expect to spend on laundry? Where?
We offer laundry services in the camp and the standard rate is 40-50 Baht a Kilo. There are also DIY Laundry that is 30 baht for 11 KG load.
Q: How do I get from airport to TMT?
You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book for Taxi and our pick up service cost from 850 Baht depending on how many people. We just need your Flight Details: Airline, Flight No. Time of Arrival in Phuket.
The Airport Limousine also knows where our camp is. Just let them know you want to be dropped off at Tiger Muay Thai Chalong Soi Tad Ied and they should not charge you more than 800 Baht.
Q: How does your Muay Thai program work?
The Muay Thai training at our training camp is versatile and it suit everyone from beginners and amateurs to professional fighters looking to learn Muay Thai for fun, fitness, or self defense; to professionals wanting to hone their fighting skills.
The Muay Thai class is the only class divided by levels and located at different rings.
- Beginners Muay Thai
- Has the largest total training area in TMT because of the huge demand.
- Our beginner class is run by Khru Dang.
- We work hard to keep no more than a 4-1(guest-trainer) ratio in all of our classes to ensure you receive the highest level of trainer observation and training.
- Is suitable for everyone no matter experience, age or gender.
- The beginner area is a great place to meet new people and to make friends. You’ll be paired up with various partners during the class and get a chance to meet people from all around the world. Everyone is welcome in our beginner class regardless of their experience.
- Intermediate Muay Thai Ring
- This area is one our guests aspire to move into as their training progresses.
- One of the great things about TMT is that our trainers will monitor your skill development and help you decide if the time is right to move to the next training level.
- Muay Thai is an excellent way to get into great shape, improve your coordination, build endurance and learn valuable skills.
- Advanced Muay Thai Ring
- Guest training in the Advance Ring have been with us for more than 2 months or may have had Professional or a Number of Amateur Fights before arriving at Tiger Muay Thai.
Q: What does Muay Thai training consist of?
- The Muay Thai Class consists of the following:
- Running: Muay Thai fighters run. Running builds stamina, endurance & cardio conditioning to prepare for a 5 round Muay Thai fight. Running program is not mandatory, (apart from those preparing for a fight) but strongly suggested.
- Warm Up: Running on mats, skipping, calisthenics followed by stretching. Warming up is important to prepare the body for peak performance and to minimize risk of injury.
- Shadow Boxing: Shadowboxing helps develop neuromuscular familiarity in executing different physical movements in fighting sports. loosen up the muscles and joints. It prepares not just the muscles but also the nervous system. It improves footwork, coordination and muscle stabilization, technique visualization, cardio and conditioning.
- Technique Class: 20 minutes of instruction and correction on various techniques and combinations by the trainers.
- Boxing Sparring: Controlled sparring with 16-18oz gloves and optional head guard, focusing purely on boxing.
- Muay Thai Sparring: Controlled Sparring with 16-18oz gloves, shin pads ad optional head guard, working on offense and defense using punches, kicks, clinching and knees.
- Pad work: At least 3 rounds of hitting pads with the Muay Thai trainers, working on developing correct technique, speed, power and stamina.
- Bag work: At least 3 rounds of working techniques on a variety of different bags.
- Clinching: 20+ minutes of clinching with a training partner, working on gaining positions of control throws and light knees ( using the inside of the thigh to strike with to prevent injuries during training)
- Conditioning: Drills on the bag, pull ups, push ups, sit ups
- Cooldown: Calisthenics and stretching to improve flexibility and help the body recover from the hard training.
Q: Can I get a training certificate or learn to be a Muay Thai trainer?
We can make special arrangements regarding Muay Thai Trainer Certification. Kindly contact email@example.com
Q: What is the training schedule?
We follow a 6-day Training Schedule consisting of the Martial Arts classes and Fitness classes. The All-Inclusive Package allows you to attend any of the classes offered. It is really up to you how you manage your own schedule. You are free to customize your training schedule.
Our certified fitness instructors and Training Coaches can also help you with the training schedule.
Q: Do you have a gear shop? Prices? What is available?
Yes we do. We have the fundamental gear that you need for training. We also carry our own brand.
Prices for TMT Brand: Gloves: 1600 Baht, Shinguard: 1500 Baht. Handwraps 400 Baht, Muay Thai/ MMA Shorts 850/1000 Baht, Mouthguard: 300 Baht.
We also carry other popular brands like Fairtex, Top King equipment which cost a little bit more than our TMT Brand.
Q: Do you sell supplements? Prices? Brands?
Yes we do, We carry Supplements Muscle Pharm and prices vary from 900 to 4000 baht.
Q: Do you offer group or package discounts?
Yes we do, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org regarding group inquiries.
Q: Do you offer long term discounts?
Absolutely. Paying upfront for 3 months training will get you a discount. If you are training for more than 6 months and will be paying upfront, after those 6 months you are eligible for 50% off group training fees.
Q: How does the weight-loss training work?
TMT’s weight- loss training is varied aerobic threshold training with a focus on different muscle groups with body weight, weighted, and additional tools such as tires, sledge hammers etc.
Our Cross-training program is CrossFit based. It is a strength and conditioning class with the goal of increasing your ab/core strength, flexibility, speed, explosiveness and endurance, weight loss, training for a fight and just overall fitness.
Workouts are typically short : 30 minutes or less and intense, demanding all-out physical effort. It delivers fitness beneficial combat, survival and many other sports.
Q: Prices for private lessons with Muay Thai & MMA Instructors?
Prices for private sessions are available upon arrival. Muay Thai privates are priced at a standard price of 600 Baht per hour. Booking in advance for MMA & Muay Thai Privates are advised.